Looking for a new job can be a scary process. There are so many different factors to consider and just the mere thought of starting the application process can be intimidating for even the most seasoned professional. One of the biggest causes of stress is the resume. You most likely haven’t updated it in years because you haven’t had to. You don’t know what the latest trends are, or what recruiters are looking for. In all honesty, you don’t even know where to begin. If any of that applies to you, don’t panic. You’re most certainly not alone. And, you don’t have to figure it out by yourself. Capstone Resume Services is here to help!
Why Should I Hire a Professional Resume Writer?
There’s a lot of misconceptions out there about what it means to hire a resume writer and what a resume writer actually does. We aren’t just taking content and fitting it into a resume format, or simply tweaking your existing resume. Our certified professional resume writers craft your resume from scratch and tailor it to your specific experiences and strengths.
When you partner with us on your resume, we begin the process with a personal resume consultation. This allows us to learn more about your experience, skills, and achievements in order to make them shine on your resume. Talking about yourself can be a struggle, but we ask pointed questions to get the information we need in order to paint a full picture of who you are as an employee. The goal with a resume is to show your value to a future employer. It may be hard for you to identify your own value, but with our help, it will be clear to everyone who comes across your resume.
So, you know your resume needs some work, but you’re not sure it’s time to hire a resume writer. Check out the signs below to see if you could benefit from partnering with us on your resume.
6 Signs It’s Time to Hire a Professional Resume Writer
- You’re overwhelmed. The idea of looking for a new job is scary and intimidating and you have no idea where to begin. You know it’s time – you’ve been at the same job for 4 years now and there’s no room for growth. But, the idea of jumping back into the increasingly competitive candidate pull has you nervously biting your nails. That’s where a professional resume writer comes in. We don’t feel the stress or pressure that is weighing you down, so we’re able to write your resume from a fresh perspective. Armed with a professional resume that shows your strengths and value, you’ll be more prepared than ever to start your job search. You know it’s time to look for a new job, now you just need to take that leap. And we’ll help make it as seamless as possible.
- Writing isn’t your thing. We get it. Not everyone is comfortable with their writing skills. You may know the difference between their and there, when to use your vs. you’re, and even when to use a comma, but when it comes to writing an entire resume – that’s a different story. If you don’t consider writing one of your strengths, don’t worry. Writing a resume is hard work, but it just so happens to be our expertise. When you hire us, we write your entire resume – from start to finish. Rest easy knowing you won’t have to worry about typos or run on sentences.
- You have no idea what to include. How far back in your employment history should you go? How many skills should you include? What software is still relevant and which shouldn’t even be mentioned? These are all tricky questions that can cause a certain level of stress. If you’re struggling with what to include on your resume – or even how to include it – we can help. We know what recruiters are looking for and how to effectively highlight that information in a concise, readable way.
- You don’t know how to brag. When it comes to your resume, there’s a certain level of bragging that must be done. Your resume is a marketing tool and is used to market yourself to your future employer. In order to do that, you must boast about your achievements. While it may be hard for you to reflect on your own accomplishments, let alone brag about them, it’s easy for us! We know the right words to use to show your value.
- You aren’t getting interviews. If you’ve applied for several different positions and haven’t heard back, that may be a sign there’s something wrong with your resume. Most likely, your resume is missing the keywords needed to pass through applicant tracking systems and is getting lost in the shuffle. We’ll ensure your resume is formatted properly and optimized with the right keywords to land on the hiring manager’s desk.
- Your career history isn’t perfect. Not everyone’s past is perfect. Whether you have a pretty substantial gap in employment, have mainly held jobs that aren’t relevant for the positions you’re applying for, or are trying to change careers entirely, it can be hard to figure out how to convey that in your resume. We can’t cover up these gaps or magically come up with experience you don’t possess. However, we can help smooth over some of these gaps in experience or work history by ensuring your resume focuses on your strengths.
If you’re realizing you’d benefit from hiring a professional, contact Capstone Resume Services today to schedule a one-on-one resume consultation. Our professional resume writers will help you jumpstart your job search!