How does the resume writing service work?
- Once you request a free resume writing consultation, the admin will reach out via phone and/or email to schedule a phone consultation with your certified resume writer. The average consultation is 30 minutes. After you have the consultation and discuss with your certified resume writer the goals and contributions to roles you’ve had in your career, the resume writer will send a follow-up email with a link to order the services or package you want them to write for you. Then, delivery of the first draft documents will be 5 business days. You will receive an email with the delivery date of your ATS-optimized resume.
Will I be able to talk to my certified resume writer and are they the ones writing my documents?
- Absolutely. Our brand is built on being able to have a direct conversation with your certified resume writer- it’s one of the ways Capstone stands out from other resume writing companies. Before you even order our professional resume writing services, you will be able to have a conversation with your resume writer and understand their goals for you with optimization and branding of the new documents, they will understand your goals and contributions in your roles to help build the new brand positioning for you, and answer any questions you may have. This certified resume writer is your point of contact during the entire process and will be writing the new documents themselves.
What is the turnaround time for documents?
- Once you have the consultation with your CPRW certified resume writer and payment has been made for the services you want, you will receive an email with your delivery date. Documents are delivered with 5 business days (one week) from the date the payment is made after the consultation.
Are revisions to my new documents included?
- Yes. We include revisions as long as you are in the current job search. The majority of clients go through 1-2 rounds of revisions to add more information or change content based on what they see the resume writer put together through them.
Is there a time limit on resume revisions with my resume writer?
- No. We include revisions in the current job search. Meaning: if you are still looking for the next position and haven’t found a new position to add to your resume, then we can work with you on revisions. We do not put a time limit on revisions (i.e., you must complete revisions within a week of delivery or you forfeit revisions), it’s based on if you’ve added new employment since working with our professional resume writers.
Can I add other resume services later?
- Yes. We have several clients that order 1-2 things at first (resume, cover letter) and then decide to order a LinkedIn profile later. We have individual links for each product allowing clients to put their packages together in a time frame that works for them.
Does Capstone use specific keywords to create ATS-optimized resumes?
- Yes. We specifically craft ATS-optimized resumes for our clients. Our resume designs and content are all optimized for ATS as it is a part of our Standards of Operations (SOPs) for the writing process. Once the resume writer has established your career goals, they will do research to ensure that the new content aligns with what employers in the current job market are looking for. This is important as trends in hiring are always changing.
How does Capstone help set me apart from other candidates in my field or type of role?
- This is why we are set up to have you speak to your certified resume writer first before you even order the services. This conversation is meant to dig deeper into the decisions made in your roles and the impact they had on the organization so the resume writer can build your brand in a way that shows value to the potential employer (value proposition) while also setting you apart from other candidates with similar backgrounds or experiences. No two people work the same, so this is important to highlight how you approach your work that aligns with not only the responsibilities of the role, but the cultural fit with the hiring organization as well.
I keep seeing how a cultural fit is just as important as a skill-based fit when hiring a candidate. How does Capstone address that?
- When you have the phone consultation with your certified resume writer, you will be asked many open-ended questions – almost like a job interview. The purpose of this is two-fold: 1. Get information that showcases more of the skills and attributes of the roles the candidate wants, and 2. Dig deeper into the decisions made in a role to drive positive outcomes (building processes, policies, departments from the ground up, establishing new goals, retraining or advancing staff to drive a better culture or customer success, etc.).
Does Capstone resume writers work with various industries and various levels of professionals and executives?
- Yes. Capstone is based in Silicon Valley in California, but we work globally and with clients across the United States who seek our consultative approach to services. We’ve worked with clients in hundreds of industries and all levels, including CEO, CTO, CFO, COO, VP, Director, management, and even Board of Directors candidates. Most of our clients are in leadership roles (management and above) and work in diverse industries.
How much are Capstone’s professional resume services?
- That depends on your level of role. For executive resume For professional resume. LinkedIn profiles are $299 as an add-on to the resume, and cover letters are $75. If you know you want the LinkedIn profile in addition to the cover letter added to the resume, you can select the option of adding on “LinkedIn Profile + Cover Letter” and save money on a bundle package price.
What types of payment do you accept for your resume writing services?
- We accept all major credit cards and PayPal. The links to order allow you to opt for paying with a credit card or via PayPal. You will automatically be emailed a receipt for your order, but you will also be emailed from Capstone with a confirmation of the order, the writer working with you, and the date of delivery for your new documents so you know when to expect them.